The AT Awards | Emerging Talent in the Technology of Architecture is an annual Award for excellence in the technology of architecture for those in the early stages of their career in Architectural Technology.
It recognises Associate members and Chartered Architectural Technologists with a professional career path of ten years or less.
This Award recognises and celebrates excellence and achievement demonstrated by a professional within Architectural Technology, the technology of architecture.
The coveted title as ‘Emerging Talent in the Technology of Architecture for 2023’ is for an exceptional individual who is an Associate member or Chartered Architectural Technologist and has demonstrated commitment and aspiration to Architectural Technology, as an emerging talent in their professional development and career within the last ten years (i.e. 2013 onwards). This should be evidenced within the submission and how their exceptional contribution demonstrates commitment, aspiration, impact and future vision for the discipline, profession and the Institute.
- Context: where, when and with whom
- Commitment: what, where and how this is evidenced
- Aspiration: what and how this has had a positive effect
- Impact: how this has or could be used
- Vision: how the applicant perceives the future of Architectural Technology
This can be at a local, national and/or international level, provided that the nominee has demonstrated and made a significant impact already within Architectural Technology.
An entrant can be nominated by anyone, this could be a member or affiliate, a fellow professional, a client, employer, student or colleague; not self-nominated.
All entrants must be a current Associate member, ACIAT or Chartered Architectural Technologist.
- 150 word statement on why the entrant should receive this Award.
- Written submission, maximum length 2,000 words, outlining the context, commitment, aspiration, impact and vision of the nominee, against these headers. Judging will be based purely on the submission so it is key that it captures the person.
- It must include the nominee's CV and referenced evidence and testimonials from colleagues, clients and contributors to support the submission.
- A non-refundable entry fee of £80 (plus. VAT).
N.B. If the entry does not satisfy the criteria detailed above, it may be returned to you for resubmission.
Should further clarity or information be required, the nominator will be contacted regarding the nomination.
The winner receives:
the coveted title of ‘Emerging Talent in the Technology of Architecture 2022’, a trophy, logo and certificate.
- Use of a customised AT Awards logo.
- Press release.
- Features and films on the website and social media channels.
- Promotion at future events.
- Case studies.
- Promotion before, during and after the AT Awards event.
Entries are judged and peer assessed by the Judging Panel irrespective of complexity, location or style. Judging takes place during August and the Panel may make a request to speak to the nominee.
- Winning submissions remain the property of CIAT and will be used in publicity material accordingly.
- The application form must be completed in full in the prescribed format, together with the entry fee.
- Once the application has been submitted, no refunds can be made if the application is later withdrawn.
- Confidentiality will be observed in respect of the information associated with the submitted entry.
- Judges reserve the right to accept or reject entries.
- Judges reserve the right to not make an award.
- There will only be one winner in any one year.
- The Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Nominations are closed for 2023
Nominations open: Monday 6 February 2023
Closes: Monday 10 July 2023
AT Awards event: Friday 20 October 2023
View previous recipients