This CPD will outline a number of passive strategies to consider when designing more sustainable buildings and in a nutshell covers 'How to build green: the role of passive design'.
- Sustainability challenges for the construction sector
- An introduction to bioclimatic design
- The Passivhaus performance standard
- The importance of thermal comfort
- The key elements of Passivhaus design
- Sun studies and building orientation
- Natural ventilation
- Shading systems
- Integration of vegetation
- Water collection
- Facade design and smart materials
- Thermal mass
Delivery: Web based online course, with questionnaire assessment.
Intended audience: Architectural Technologists, students
Applecore Designs Limited have over 25 years’ experience, in implementing innovative design software and solutions for the construction industry and in delivering training programmes at all levels, to support understanding. Their client base ranges from smaller businesses to multi-discipline design studios across the UK.
They regularly deliver presentation sessions for CIAT and RIBA members. Their training and coaching courses are aimed at users of all abilities, offering a more coherent, consistent and quality learning experience.
Cost/fee for attendance: Free
Address: The Courtyard, 10 The Square, Alvechurch, Birmingham, B48 7LA
Contact: Pelin Haynes
Telephone: 0121 447 7788
View more courses from Applecore Designs below:
How Virtual Reality saves time and resources (VR for Architecture)