Online course | Architectural Technology Professional Career Development Course (July/August - Session 3)
Architectural Technology Professional Career Development is designed to provide an understanding of CIAT’s professional qualification pathway for prospective Chartered Architectural Technologists.
Following the success of the short online course ‘Architectural Technology Professional Career Development’, the West Midlands Region and Republic of Ireland Centre in conjunction with CIAT, is delighted to announce a further offering of this course to those aspiring to become a Chartered Architectural Technologist, MCIAT.
The course is designed to provide an understanding of CIAT's professional qualification pathway for prospective Chartered Architectural Technologists. This includes developing an appreciation of the process and undertaking a critical appraisal of individual knowledge, experience, skills and competency benchmarked against the MCIAT Professional Standards Framework. The content will focus on the following areas:
- The MCIAT Professional Assessment – Route to qualify as a Chartered Architectural Technologist
- Stage 2 – Practice Standards – Written holistic submission with supporting evidence
- Stage 3 – Professional Standards – Professional Assessment Interview
- Developing communication skills
We are welcoming and prioritising candidates based in the West Midlands and Wales Regions. It will be fully funded by CIAT with 75 places on offer. Places will be assigned on a first come first served basis (subject to meeting the eligibility requirements below).
- Candidates should have attained a CIAT Accredited Honours and/or Masters qualification.
- Candidates should have at least two years post-graduate professional experience in a role aligned to Architectural Technology.
- Candidate must be current Associate members or CIAT affiliates.
- Within a set timeframe as outlined below, candidates will commit to submitting a sample MCIAT Professional Assessment application with supporting evidence.
- Be able to source a Chartered built environment professional to act as a Referee.
The course will be delivered online with a proposed start date of 20 July and will be delivered from 12:00-13:00 via MS Teams. It has been designed over three sessions, running on 27 July, with the final session being held on 17 August, allowing time to develop and submit your MCIAT Professional Assessment.
You can book a place upon ensuring your eligibility by emailing [email protected].
*This course is intended to prepare you for progression to Chartered Membership of CIAT. On submission of your MCIAT Professional Assessment to the Institute, your suitability for Chartered Architectural Technologist, MCIAT status, will be determined through its formal assessment processes in due course. It is important to note that there is no deadline to make the formal submission, but a speedy submission is encouraged and this course is delivered independent of the official CIAT qualification process.