Chartered Architectural Technologist required, Huddersfield
France and Associates are an award winning chartered architectural practice based in Huddersfield, who provide services nationally. We can offer extremely varied and interesting work, as most of our projects involve F+A managing the design as well as the on-site process. A day in our office is never the same!
Due to an increase in workload, we have an exciting opportunity for a permanent position for a Chartered Architectural Technologist or a Chartered Architect with at least 5 years practical experience, to provide essential technical, drawing and contract administration support to a busy design office.
We welcome all applicants with 5-10 years experience. Applicants must be based in the UK, have a clean driving license and have no pending or current convictions. The successful candidate will be proficient in AutoCAD, experience in Autodesk Revit is also advantageous with further training provided if necessary, and will have a good understanding of the planning application process and building regulations.
This role is ideal for someone who has experience and a desire to act as Contract Administrator on bespoke, residential homes, having experience of working with traditional contracts, such JCT and RIBA building contracts. If experience is limited, the candidate must be willing to undertake further training to fulfill this role.
The role will be a mix of office / home working and visiting site to inspect building progress. We offer flexible working solutions, part time applicants will also be considered. Remote working is an option, however a period of time will be required for the candidate to be office based (Huddersfield) to better understand our work processes. Salary to be agreed dependent on level of experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Either a member or affiliate of the RIBA, CIAT, RICS, CIOB or working towards membership
- An accredited degree in architecture, building surveying, Architectural Technology or equivalent HNC/HND. Graduate preferred however those in their final year will also be considered
- Proficient skill in AutoCAD
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience
- Able to work unsupervised and run projects
- Good knowledge/ understanding of construction details, liaising with building contractors
- Good understanding of traditional building contracts
- Project running and contract administration experience
- Good communication skills and written articulation skills.
Specific Responsibilities and Activities within your role
- Take instructions from design team members and produce drawings within RIBA stages 2-4
- Diligently handle all instructions and maintain comprehensive records
- Undertake measured building surveys, manage consultants for other surveys required
- Prepare and submit planning applications
- Production of tender drawing packages, including specifications and schedules of works
- Production of Building Regulation packages
- The ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way. Good communication is vital for this role
- Manage the tender process including adjudication of the tender process with a tender report and recommendations
- To administer a traditional building contract, undertake site visits in person onsite on regular basis, snagging of building works, checking of costs incurred, valuation certificates and close of the building contract
- Liaise with clients to take and create design briefs
- Current, clean driving license
- No criminal record or pending convictions. Will be expected to work in environments with vulnerable adults and children. The candidate will consent to a DBS check to be undertaken after being offered the role but prior to starting employment with France & Associates Ltd
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Legal Secretary Victoria Johnson at [email protected] or for more information regarding the vacancy please contact the office on 01484 960560.
Back to jobs