Architectural Technology Student Awards 2017 shortlist announced
Find out more about those shortlisted for the Student Awards 2017
CIAT is delighted to announce the shortlisted entrants for its 2017 Architectural Technology Student Awards, recognised as the premier accolades that demonstrate outstanding achievement in academia and celebrate the technology of architecture.
Winners will be announced and presented on 15 September 2017 at CIAT’s Architectural Technology Awards event held at the Village Underground, Shoreditch, London. The event will recognise and celebrate the exceptional work and skills of those studying Architectural Technology.
Shortlisted entries for The Student Award for Excellence in Architectural Technology (Project) are:
- Edward Kercher, Southampton Solent University for The Gateway Hotel Design Project.
- Gerard Langley, Sheffield Hallam University for Imagination
Works — Embracing an Urban Future.
- April Rapley, Southampton Solent University for Chandler’s Ford Infant School.
Shortlisted entries for The Student Award for Excellence in Architectural Technology (Report), are:
- Daniel Black, Sheffield Hallam University for Sharrow Nursery and Community Centre — An Integration of renewables, Efficiency and High-performance Materials.
- Isabelle Foster, Coventry University for Building a Safe and Therapeutic Hospice: An Evaluation of Structural and Thermal Properties in Structural Insulated Panels.
- Sunil Singh Seera, Coventry University for The Importance of Soil Analysis Prior to Frame Construction.
Paul Laycock MCIAT, Vice-President Education said 'The Student Awards are a complete delight to judge; it’s a great insight into the work of our student members. You see the work of Architectural Technologists of the future which is highly innovative, thought provoking and creative. I am excited to announce and meet the winners on 15 September.'
Visit ciat.org.uk/awards.html for further information on the Architectural Technology Awards and for all those shortlisted along with details on how to book for the Architectural Technology Awards event and to sponsor.
Press passes are available by contacting [email protected]
The Awards can be followed on the day using the hashtag #ATAwards.