BBA appointed as an Approved Body for UKCA Marking

The British Board of Agrément has been appointed as an Approved Body, Technical Assessment Body and Notified Body (NI) by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.

The UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed) Marking is a new UK product marking used for certain goods being placed on the market in Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland). It has been introduced to replace the current CE Marking. An additional mark, UKNI, will be used in Northern Ireland.

As an Assessment Body the BBA will support manufacturers with conformity assessment tasks for their UKCA and UKNI Marking across a wide range of construction product areas and work closely with key industry partners, organisations and clients to certify products in support of UKCA Marking onto the following products:

- Construction products including, but not exclusive to, cements, concrete and mortar, precast, masonry, structural metallics, insulation, roofing coverings, membranes and liquid waterproofing, wood-based panels, doors, windows, structural timber, fire stopping, sealing and production products.

- Road construction products including, but not exclusive to, surface treatments, bitumen and bituminous mixtures, bridge deck waterproofing and liquid applied waterproofing.

John Albon, Chief Scientific Officer at the BBA, said: "We are delighted to be appointed as a Conformity Assessment Body for UKCA Marking. Things are changing on an almost daily basis subsequent to the UK's exit from the European Union, but with the BBA's strong links to both our valued industry partners and the UK Government, we are fortunate to not only be able to help our clients with their UKCA Marking requirements, but also support them through what has been, and still is, a long and challenging transitional process."

Mr Albon added: "What is important to note is that UKCA Marking became available on 1 January 2021 and we are now in a transitional stage where both UKCA and CE Marking can be used. From 1 January 2022, UKCA will be the only marking recognised to allow access to the market in Great Britain. CE Marking will no longer be recognised within Great Britain."

To find out more about UKCA Marking visit the BBA's UKCA information hub:

Or to speak to the BBA directly contact them via email: [email protected] or phone: 01923 665300

Tags (Specialism/Topics)

Brexit Products