COP26: 31 October to 12 November 2021, Glasgow | CIAT's participation
As part of COP26, CIAT will be represented in several different ways.
The COP26 summit will bring together politicians, businesses, and organisations from across the world to accelerate action towards the goals of the Paris Agreement and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
As part of the event CIAT will be represented at COP26 in several different ways:
- CIAT, as a member of the UK Green Build Council (UKGBC), is part of the UKGBC Build Better Now virtual pavilion. Events – COP26 Built Environment Virtual Pavilion (buildbetternow.co). The event series will feature Chartered Architectural Technologists speaking at two events:
- Empowering young people to become the climate-aware built environment professionals of the future: What do we need to do now? (Friday 5 November, 08:00 - 09:00); and
- Designing a green and resilient built environment – what do we need to do now and in the future? (Wednesday 10 November, 09:00 - 10:00)
To sign up to attend these events, please use the link here: Events – COP26 Built Environment Virtual Pavilion (buildbetternow.co)
- Francesca Berriman MBE, CIAT's Chief Executive will be attending in person as a Board Member of Society for the Environment.
- The Construction Industry Council (CIC), of which CIAT is a full member, will present on Carbon Zero: The Professional Institutions' Climate Action Plan, of which CIAT is a signatory. The presentation will support the Construction Leadership Council's Construct Zero session (Thursday 11 November, 09:30 - 11:00). To attend, please follow the link here.
- E3G, an independent European Climate Change think tank will present on the Professional Bodies Climate Action Charter, of which CIAT is a signatory (Thursday 4 November, 11:00 - 12:00). To attend, please follow the link here.
Meeting Net Zero and Climate Change work is ongoing at the Institute with the development of a Climate Change Plan for members and affiliates and a carbon reduction plan for Central Office.