Architectural Technologists required, UK and Ireland wide
Due to expanding workload, AECOM are recruiting for Arcitectural Technologists of all grades in the UK. AECOM are offering a great opportunity to join our rapidly growing architecture team in our multi-disciplinary offices. We have vacancies in our London, Manchester, Warrington, Birmingham, Glasgow and Belfast offices. Experience in the following sectors would be advantageous but not essential; Industrial, Rail, Defence, Nuclear, MoJ, Logistics and Data Centres. It is essential that candidates either hold or can obtain security clearances.
We are offering a competitive salary plus generous benefits, and the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects in a wide range of sectors. There is also training and assistance with personal development. AECOM is listed as the 3rd largest employer of architects worldwide in the World Architecture WA100 2020 survey, with 1637 architects. We currently have 72 architectural staff in the UK. AECOM employs around 7500 multi-disciplinary staff in the UK. AECOM are in the AJ Top 100. AECOM is the world’s premier infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from planning, design and engineering to programme and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, our public and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivalled technical expertise and innovation, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities.
AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.2 billion in fiscal year 2020. See how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM. You’ll be working closely with the multi-disciplinary design teams, clients, and contractors. Excellent communication skills are essential.
About our team:
You will be joining the North of England Architects Team, which includes the AECOM UK architects’ lead management. Architecture is part of a wider 350-man UK Architecture and Design team, which also includes allied disciplines such as Landscaping, Town Planning, Visualisation, BIM and Interior Design.
- Able to perform all activities as described in the RIBA 2020 Plan of Work
- Performing basic architectural calculations
- Preparing speciﬁcations, reports and related data tables
- Maintaining liaison with design and drafting groups
- Preparing, reviewing, and approving drawings as required
- Under the direction of the Supervising Architect, may independently perform advanced technical assignments of various complexities within approved schedules and budgets
- Will coordinate technical and administrative activities with employees in other disciplines and other departments participating on an assigned project
- May assist in the training and evaluation of assigned architectural and design/drafting personnel
- May assist in the development of new architectural methods and techniques
- Relevant degree or professional qualification
- Work experience within a similar consultancy or other relevant business
- BIM and Revit user
- Experience in all RIBA Plan of Work stages preferred
- A clear work history and proof of professional development and learning
- Ideally you will live within commuting distance of the above AECOM offices
- A degree relevant to the discipline
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle. You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
How to apply
Back to jobs