Mentoring and support with Mentor Match Me
Become involved with CIAT's online mentoring scheme which provides a variety of benefits for all members and affiliates.
CIAT runs an online mentoring scheme for use by all members and affiliates, which allows experienced members and affiliates who act as mentors, to assist other members and affiliates working in the industry in a variety of areas by providing a range of support, advice and guidance. The platform also encourages e-learning and supports a wide-range of learning and development resources.
All members and affiliates can benefit in a variety of ways by joining Mentor Match Me as a Mentor or Mentee, in aspects such as:
- Guidance on membership progression/qualifying processes to gain Chartered status
- Careers advice for those members who may be looking into diversifying their skills
- Guidance to those looking to set up in practice on their own
As a mentor, you could have particular skills or experience which could be invaluable to other members. Some of the advantages to becoming a Mentor include:
- Developing your coaching skills
- Opportunities to network with fellow members in the industry
- Fulfilling your obligation to undertake a minimum of 35 hours CPD per year
Any member or affiliate may choose to become a mentee and gain additional knowledge. The main benefits include:
- Gaining guidance on qualification/progression from those who have been through the learning process
- Learning about setting up your own CIAT Registered Practice from experienced practitioners
- Identifying your strengths and weaknesses and the best way to work with these in your career
If you want to learn more and haven’t already set up an account as a mentor or mentee then you can register at ciat.mentormatch.me.
If you have any questions about the platform, please contact Dorota Fitzpatrick, Assistant Membership Director on firstname.lastname@example.org.