Planning Portal report record planning applications
Planning Portal's latest Planning Market Insight Report shows that the volumes of online planning applications being submitted continues to rise and is much higher than usual for the summer.
Their latest report shows that July recorded the highest number of planning applications submitted in a single month since our records began in 2005, with nearly 60,000 applications sent to Local Authorities in England and Wales.
This continues the rebound of submissions following lockdown, with July figures 19% higher than the same month last year, compared to June, which was up 21% on 2019.
This month’s report also looks at:
- How the recovery is looking in each of the regions
- How the recovery varies across different types of application
- A deep dive into residential proposals submitted for Outline consents in 2020, including the:
- number of applications regionally and nationally
- number and type of units, i.e. house/flat, regionally and nationally
- housing categories, i.e. affordable/self-build
- split between major and minor schemes.
If you would like to subscribe to their full monthly Market Insight Report email firstname.lastname@example.org.