The AT Awards | Chartered Architectural Technologist of the Year is an annual Award for excellence in the technology of architecture as a Chartered Architectural Technologist.
Chartered Architectural Technologists are the lead for the technological and technical design of a project; forming the link between concept, innovation and realisation.
This Award recognises and celebrates excellence and achievement demonstrated by a Chartered Architectural Technologist within Architectural Technology, the technology of architecture.
The coveted title ‘Chartered Architectural Technologist of the Year’ is for a Chartered Architectural Technologist’s experience and outstanding contribution in achieving excellence in Architectural Technology. This should be evidenced within the submission and how their contribution has inspired, influenced, or positively impacted the discipline, profession or Institute or others within the built environment is essential.
The application should include the following information to support and evidence their case for outstanding contribution and set within the professional standards expected of a Chartered Architectural Technologist.
- Context: what, where, when and with whom
- Impact: how this has had a positive effect
- Influence: how this has brought positive results
- Inspiration: how this could be used by others
- Vision: how their future personal development continues to shape them and others around them.
This can be at a local, national and/or international level, provided that the nominee has demonstrated and made a significant impact within Architectural Technology.
An entrant can be nominated by anyone, this could be a member or affiliate, a fellow professional, a client, employer, student or colleague; not self-nominated.
All entrants must be a current Chartered Architectural Technologist.
(N.B. this Award is not for work undertaken on behalf of CIAT)
- 150 word statement on why the entrant should receive this Award.
- Written submission, maximum length 2,000 words, outlining the context, impact, influence, inspiration and vision of the nominee, against these headers. Judging will be based purely on the submission so it is key that it captures the person.
- It must include referenced evidence and testimonials from colleagues, clients and contributors to support the submission.
- A non-refundable entry fee of £80 (plus. VAT).
N.B. If the entry does not satisfy the criteria detailed above, it may be returned to you for resubmission.
Should further clarity or information be required, the nominator will be contacted regarding the nomination.
The winner receives:
the coveted title of ‘Chartered Architectural Technologist of the Year’, a trophy, logo and certificate.
- Use of a customised AT Awards logo.
- Press release.
- Features and films on the website and social media channels.
- Promotion at future events.
- Case studies.
- Promotion before, during and after the AT Awards event.
Entries are judged and peer assessed by the Judging Panel irrespective of complexity, location or style. Judging takes place during August and the Panel may make a request to speak to the nominee.
- Winning submissions remain the property of CIAT and will be used in publicity material accordingly.
- The application form must be completed in full in the prescribed format, together with the entry fee.
- Once the application has been submitted, no refunds can be made if the application is later withdrawn.
- Confidentiality will be observed in respect of the information associated with the submitted entry.
- Judges reserve the right to accept or reject entries.
- Judges reserve the right to not make an award.
- There will only be one winner in any one year.
- The Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Nominations open: Tuesday 1 February 2022
Closes: Monday 4 July 2022
Finalists announced: Thursday 8 September 2022
AT Awards event: Friday 21 October 2022
View previous winners