The AT Awards| Chartered Architectural Technologist of the Year is an annual Award for excellence in the technology of architecture as a Chartered Architectural Technologist.
The Award recognises and celebrates excellence demonstrated by a Chartered Member’s achievements in the context of Architectural Technology.
The Award is for an individual's contribution in achieving excellence as a Chartered Architectural Technologist in the profession and discipline of all areas of Architectural Technology such as:
(N.B. excluding work undertaken on behalf of CIAT)
This can be at a local, national or international level, provided it has demonstrated that the entrant has made a significant impact within Architectural Technology.
The entrant can only be nominated by a fellow member or professional, client, employer, student or colleague. It is not a self-nomination.
All entrants must be a current Chartered Member of CIAT.
- 150 word statement on why the entrant should receive this Award.
- Written submission, maximum length 2,000 words, outlining the applicant’s character, key responsibilities and work, aspects which illustrate specialist skills and a description of the reason explaining how the entrant has demonstrated excellence as a Chartered Architectural Technologist.
- Support evidence and testimonials can be included to accompany the submission.
- A non-refundable entry fee of £60 (incl. VAT).
If the entry doesn't satisfy the criteria, it may be returned to you for resubmission.
Should further clarity or information be required, the nominator will be contacted regarding the nomination.
The winner receives:
the coveted title of ‘Chartered Architectural Technologist of the Year’, a trophy, logo and certificate.
- Use of a customised AT Awards logo.
- Press release.
- Features and films on the website and social media channels.
- Promotion at future events.
- Case studies.
- Promotion before, during and after the AT Awards event.
Entries are judged and peer assessed by the Judging Panel irrespective of complexity, location or style. Judging takes place during June and the Panel may make a request to speak to the nominee.
- Winning submissions remain the property of CIAT and will be used in publicity material accordingly.
- The application form must be completed in full in the prescribed format, together with the entry fee.
- Once the application has been submitted, no refunds can be made if the application is later withdrawn.
- Confidentiality will be observed in respect of the information associated with the submitted entry.
- Judges reserve the right to accept or reject entries.
- Judges reserve the right to not make an award.
- There will only be one winner in any one year.
- The Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Entries closed for 2020
Entries open: Monday 3 February 2020
Entries deadline: Monday 29 June 2020
Winners will be announced at a virtual event, date TBC
View previous winners