Newcastle upon Tyne: free BIM CPD event
Laser scanning, drones and Revit
Northumbria University is delighted to host this engaging and interactive session which will explore aspects of surveying and laser scanning, realisation of field information within 3D and immersive software. The university’s BIM-focused research Institute — BIM Academy will provide attendees with an insight into the future of BIM and virtual reality.
This CPD afternoon is open to all.
- Welcome by Dr Simon Robson, Associate Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning & Teaching)
- Professor Ruth Dalton, Head of Architecture & Built Environment Department
- Gary Mees PCIAT, President of CIAT
- Northumbria University’s view on BIM and virtual reality
- Professor Dave Greenwood and Dr Barry Gledson
Delegates will split into four groups to rotate through the following sessions: (4 x 30 mins):
- Demonstration of laser scanning, drone facility and rapid prototype facility
- Demonstration of virtual Newcastle Gateshead model and immersive facility
- Hands on short Revit exercise
- BIM Academy activity; research and externality
A light lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Ellison Building Lecture Theatre A003, Northumbria University, College Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 8ST
To book your free place by 15 November 2017 please contact:
Kevin Elliott MCIAT, Programme Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org