Architectural Technologist required, London
Design Squared Architects is a small, close-knit architecture practice in South East London working primarily in the residential and commercial sectors throughout the UK.
Established in 2007, the practice has successfully completed over 800 building projects and has developed an extensive portfolio. We undertake a broad spectrum of architectural projects, managing the design process from concept through to completion. We also offer a range of complementary services, including party wall surveying, 3D modelling and contract administration.
We are looking for an experienced Architectural Technologist to join our team, who will work on a wide variety of residential projects from one-off bespoke houses to residential refurbishments, as well as commercial spaces.
Your role will include, but not be limited to:
- Producing working drawings and tender packages
- Liaising with other industry consultants
- Technical detailing for site and updating construction packages
- Building Regulation submissions
- Specification writing
- Liaising with contractors and specialist subcontractors
- Working with the technical project team
Desired skills and experience:
- Professional experience in residential projects
- Excellent knowledge with broad experience in the design and construction of buildings – the post holder must have working knowledge of current legislation and practices
- A self-motivated, rational thinker with good communication
- Well organised with the ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of industry CAD platforms with particular emphasis on Microstation and AutoCAD
- Ability to carry out professional work faithfully and conscientiously and with due regard to any relevant technical and professional standards
- A good working knowledge of building construction, expressed through drawn/written documents
- Ability to maintain competence in areas relevant to the work undertaken by the company
- Evidence of continuing professional development and an ongoing commitment to undertake training and studies to meet the demands of both current and future legislation.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send through your up to date CV, a small portfolio showing examples of construction detailing and drawings for a standard tender package and your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Back to jobs