Chartered Architectural Technologist required, London
Gluckman Smith Architects are recruiting for a talented Chartered Architectural Technologist to join their growing team in the Cotswolds. We are an award-winning contemporary design practice established in 2010, with a strong belief in the power of architecture to change all our lives for the better. Our work includes residential, workspace and hospitality projects in both urban and rural locations, serving a wide variety of businesses, estates and private clients. Projects often involve working with and responding to historic buildings and contexts.
Our design process aims for an architecture which balances poetic and rational sensibilities. The practice is recognized for producing buildings where fresh thinking and a refined finish are desired in response to their context. We are an enthusiastic team, who enjoy taking a proactive and positive approach to our work. We are a friendly and social Practice and maintain a strong work-life balance.
Experience and Role: We are looking for a Chartered Architectural Technologist MCIAT with three+ years PQE working on quality residential projects. Within your role you will be responsible for generating high quality, accurate and detailed design packages for the Architectural project documentation, working within a multi-disciplinary design team. The role requires good knowledge of UK Building Regulations, construction systems, processes & legislation. You will be required to provide appropriate levels of Architectural design to a range of different building types and materials working to your own initiative and required to support Project Architects. A firm commitment both to innovative design and professional rigour will need to be demonstrated. You will be expected to work to budgets and deliver to deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the production of schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures.
- Provide technical mentoring to Architectural Assistants.
- Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of your own work and the work of junior CAD staff under your supervision, in accordance with company QA procedures.
- Where required, take responsibility for the registering and document control of incoming information and outgoing deliverables.
- Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations.
- Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required.
- Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers production drawings for technical compliance with design intent.
- Exposure working on RIBA work stages 3-5 tender/technical/construction packages.
- Working knowledge of the following software would also be an advantage:
Revit, Microstation 3D V 8.2, Rhino, AutoCAD, Sketch-up.
- Driving licence.
- Excellent communication.
- A strong understanding of construction methods and detailing.
- Knowledge of Conservation.
- Knowledge of NBS and writing specifications.
- Good understanding of Building Regulations and relevant legislation.
- An intuition for good design.
- Ability to work as a team and collaborate with colleagues and other consultants.
- An ability to work to deadlines.
How to apply
Please send your CV with examples of your work via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications (max. 10MB) must state the role you are applying for, within the subject header and cover letter. No agencies please. The practice offers competitive salaries, subject to experience.
Back to jobs