Here you will find access to a free module introducing the QDR process, followed by a short quiz to test your knowledge.
Amounting to 20 minutes CPD
(Running time 10:25)
What is the Qualitive Design Review (QDR) and why is it important?
The QDR is a practical and common sense technique outlined in BS 7974 0 that allows the team to think of the possible ways in which a fire hazard might arise and establish a range of strategies to mitigate or maintain the risk at an acceptable level.
Now test your knowledge by clicking here to take a short quiz.
After this, take a look below at the Something to think about section.
Something to think about
- Have you ever considered using the QDR process before when your building design is beyond Code recommendations?
- After seeing this film will you now, or do you already, have discussions with clients beyond life safety for business and property protection?
- The QDR can be used to assess products and construction details – would you consider using this process to help assure a design with an underpinning audit trail?
- Do you believe using the QDR process will improve communication channels between stakeholders during design and construction phases?
- Would you seek to educate clients about the benefits of the QDR after watching this film?
- Would you seek to educate builders/contractors about the benefits of the QDR after watching this film?
- Would you like further training / CPD on this subject?