Your future career as a Chartered Architectural Technologist.

Why Architectural Technology?

If you like architecture, design, drawing, IT, problem solving and you are creative and inquisitive then this could be the career for you.

What subjects should I choose to study at school?

The subjects you choose should be relevant to Architectural Technology. Maths and science are useful alongside those more closely connected to the profession such as Design Engineer Construct!, graphic design, resistant materials, information technology and design technology.

I'm going to college. What should I study?

A/AS levels, Highers in Scotland, Learning Certificate in Ireland or equivalent and should be relevant to Architectural Technology such as science, technology, construction or building services engineering.

I'm going to university. What should I study?

The normal route to becoming a Chartered Architectural Technologist is by studying an Honours degree programme in Architectural Technology, preferably Accredited by CIAT. However, the Institute will consider all applications seeking to become a Chartered Member provided that applicants’ academic qualifications and/or experience are appropriate.

Where should I study?

The Institute Accredits Honours degree level programmes, Accredits Masters degree level programmes and Approves Foundation degree level programmes.

To find an Accredited Honours or Masters degree click here.

To find an Approved programme click here.

The Accreditation, Masters Accreditation and Approval processes ensure that the programmes have been assessed for their content, structure and resources against standards set by the Institute and the processes are an assurance that you will develop your academic, analytical, communication and employability skills required for a career in the industry.