CIAT and West Midlands Region offer short online course for professional career development
Architectural Technology Professional Career Development is designed to provide an understanding of CIAT's professional qualification pathway for prospective Chartered Architectural Technologists.
Following the success of the initial short course, Architectural Technology Career Development, the West Midlands Region in conjunction with CIAT is delighted to announce a further offering of this course to those aspiring to become a Chartered Architectural Technologist, MCIAT.
The course is designed to provide an understanding of CIAT's professional qualification pathway for prospective Chartered Architectural Technologists. This includes developing an appreciation of the process and undertaking a critical appraisal of individual knowledge, experience, skills and competency benchmarked against the MCIAT Professional Standards Framework. The content will focus on the following areas:
- The MCIAT Professional Assessment – Route to qualify as a Chartered Architectural Technologist
- Stage 2 – Practice Standards – Written holistic submission with supporting evidence
- Stage 3 – Professional Standards – Professional Assessment Interview
- Developing communication skills
For the third iteration of this pilot project, we are welcoming and prioritising candidates based in the West Midlands Region. It will be fully funded by CIAT with 30 places on offer. Places are limited, with only 10 available to candidates outside of the West Midlands Region, and will be assigned on a first come first served basis (subject to meeting the eligibility requirements below).
- Candidates should have attained a CIAT Accredited Honours and/or Masters qualification.
- Candidates should have at least two years post-graduate professional experience in a role aligned to Architectural Technology.
- Within a set timeframe as outlined below, candidates will commit to submitting a sample MCIAT Professional Assessment application with supporting evidence. This is a crucial requirement from the course as you will be assigned a Chartered Architectural Technologist as a mentor to review and feedback on your submission.
The course will be delivered online with a proposed start date of 21 February 2022 and will be delivered from 19:00-20:00 via MS Teams. It has been designed over three sessions, running on 21 and 28 February, with the final session being held on 21 March, allowing time to develop and submit your assessment task prior to receiving feedback.
You can book your place upon ensuring your eligibility by emailing [email protected]
*This course is intended to prepare you for progression to Chartered Membership of CIAT. On submission of your MCIAT Professional Assessment to the Institute, your suitability for Chartered Architectural Technologist, MCIAT status, will be determined through its formal assessment process in due course. It is important to note that there is no deadline to make the formal submission, but a speedy submission is encouraged and this course is delivered independent of the official CIAT qualification process.