Consultation: Welsh Parliament: Decarbonisation of housing: decarbonising the private housing sector (closing date – 22 August 2022)
Your views invited.
The Climate Change, Environment, and Infrastructure Committee is undertaking a short piece of work focusing on decarbonising the private housing sector (i.e. the private rented and owner-occupied sectors).
Terms of reference – the Committee will consider:
- the current approach to decarbonising housing in the private rented and owner-occupied sectors in Wales, including the effectiveness of existing programmes and support for retrofit;
- the role of sector specific retrofit targets to help drive change;
- actions the Welsh Government should take to progress a programme of retrofit for these sectors in the short, medium and long term;
- the key challenges of delivering a programme of retrofit within these sectors, including financial, practical and behavioural, and action required from the Welsh Government (and its partners) to overcome them;
- how the right balance can be struck between influencing/incentivising home owners and private sector landlords to retrofit their properties and regulating to increase standards to drive progress;
- how effective the Welsh Government is influencing decisions on reserved matters to support decarbonisation of these sectors.
Invitation to contribute to the consultation
The Committee would like to invite you to submit written evidence to assist in its consideration of the inquiry. It would be helpful if you could use the above terms of reference to frame your response.
The closing date for submissions is Monday 22 August 2022.
If you do submit a response, please kindly share your response with Joanne Rowlands, Project Management Executive at [email protected]