Fellow Membership, FCIAT, complements the 'Chartered Architectural Technologist' professional qualification and is an acknowledgement of a Chartered Member's significant contribution to and/or excellence in Architectural Technology.
Benefits of being a Fellow Member include:
- The designation, FCIAT which sits alongside the protected descriptor ‘Chartered Architectural Technologist’.
- It is an acknowledgement of your significant contribution to and/or excellence in Architectural Technology from your Institute and peers.
- Distinction within Architectural Technology.
- It gives additional external recognition and eminence from colleagues, peers, clients and employers.
- It forms part of the continued profile-raising of Architectural Technology as a discipline and profession.
- It offers the opportunity to be involved with, and represent the Institute within your area of excellence and/or significance.
- It enables you to be part of the built environment community of Fellows.
Fellow Membership FAQs can be found by clicking here
How to become a Fellow?
You must be a Chartered Architectural Technologist and complete the online application form and demonstrate your significant contribution to and/or excellence in Architectural Technology.
Your submission is limited to a maximum of 1650 words and must include:
- Context: Information about you and a brief overview of your activity within Architectural Technology.
- Significant Contribution and/or Excellence: Information on why you are applying for Fellow Membership. This should include: what you believe you have contributed to and/or how you have achieved excellence in Architectural Technology, when you achieved it, how it was achieved and in which sphere of Architectural Technology it was achieved. (For example: professional practice, policy, academia, research, specialist areas, government, industry, the Institute).
- Impact: Information on the change, effect or influence you believe your significant contribution and/or excellence has had, and the scope of this impact: local, national, international or global.
- Value: Of Fellow Membership to you and how you would use it to contribute further to Architectural Technology.